Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bliss Series at Cornerstone Church of Knoxville

The past 7 weeks we have had the privilege to sit under the current teaching series at CCK, "Bliss." I can sometimes be skeptical about topical sermon series due to things I have heard in the past (at various locations) such as, "How to Have a Winning Team" or "9 Steps to Deal with Depression," as if the content of these messages even hinted at the gospel. I generally walked away saddened at how cheap the Gospel must sound to the hearers. It sounded more pop-psychological rather than gospel truth.

Yet, I knew the pastors at CCK would not disappoint when it came to content... they've yet to do so. I have been utterly humbled following each message as they pointed me back towards my source of 'bliss,' the presence of God. We have been reminded, "There is no lasting joy in this life but for the grace of God," Bill Kittrell said. And I believe it; God's word & my experience have confirmed it over & over again. This past week we studied out of Ecclesiastes concerning the life of Solomon. Solomon exposes all of his vain attempts to find pleasure only to realize that what he thought would bring him joy only led to despair. "God will curse all those things that you believe will bring you joy." And thank God for His continual care & His leading us back to the source of bliss, namely, Himself.

Check out the sermon titles from the series:
  • Bliss: Treasure in a Field
  • Bliss: Fight for Bliss
  • Bliss: In Trials
  • Bliss: Friendships
  • Bliss: When You Coming' Home Son (Parenting)
  • Bliss: Joy on the Job
  • Bliss: Nothing New Under the Sun
If you would like to check out the audio & pdf downloads from the Bliss series, click here. Click on the Media/Links tab & look under sermons. I believe it will be a means of grace in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment