Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cover Designs Submitted for Rick Warren's New Book

For several days now I have been meaning to tell everyone that I jumped at the opportunity to submit a cover design for Pastor Rick Warren's new book, The Hope You Need. Rick Warren decided to use 99 Designs to host a cover design contest open to the public. As you may imagine, this is a wonderful opportunity for everyone... especially for those of us who have been highly influenced by Pastor Warren. I found out about the contest 1.5 days before the contest end, so I rushed like crazy to submit some of my artwork & photography. I am really interested in seeing how this contest turns out due to the submission requirements & the sheer number of entries... 3189 at submission end. In particular to the contest rules was that no stock photography could be used, only original artwork & photography. I am not sure how they will be able to sort through the stock photos but we will wait & see. But from my end, I thought it was a wonderful way to showcase some of my photos that I thought would make great book cover designs. Can you imagine being able to see one of your photos on the cover? Very cool. So... If you would like to see my portfolio at 99 designs, click here. Otherwise, here are some of my favorite submissions to the contest.

(And... bear in mind... I am trying not to get my hopes up because there were some wonderfully talented designers who submitted cover designs as well. Regardless of what happens, it was a fun project.)






3 comments:

  1. dude those look great. praying for the project! love ya man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! it'd be tough to choose one if your entries were the only ones!!! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! This are amazing. I can't imagine how they couldn't choose one of these. I like the first, third and fourth. The guys doing the choosing are going to really have a hard time. Keep up the good work, bro! God has blessed you with a tremendous gift.

    ReplyDelete