Friday, September 11, 2009

Song Spotlight: "All I Have is Christ" by Jordan Kauflin


I've been meaning to do this more often... to spotlight some of my favorite tunes/hymns/etc. Today I wanted to draw attention to the song "All I Have is Christ" by Jordan Kauflin, recorded by the Na Band (New Attitude). Check out these lyrics:

I once was lost in darkest night Yet thought I knew the way The sin that promised joy & life Had led me to the grave I had no hope that You would own A rebel to Your will And if You had not love me first I would refuse You still

But as I ran my hell bound race
Indifferent to the cost You looked upon my helpless state And led me to the cross And I beheld God's love displayed You suffered in my place You bore the wrath reserved for me Now all I know is grace

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life.

Now Lord I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see The strength to follow Your commands Could never come from me Oh Father use my ransomed life In any way You choose And let my song forever be My only boast is You

The Sovereign Grace link has free guitar chord/lead sheets as well as the option to download the song: http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/Search.aspx?Keyword=all+i+have+is+christ
The iTunes link is: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?i=280701875&id=280701491&s=143441

2 comments:

  1. We sang this Sunday at church...what amazing words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I am loving such a resurgence in lyrically rich & biblical music.

    ReplyDelete