Monday, December 22, 2008

A New Investment


What does a camera have to do with this blog? Well, I have recently made a decision to invest into a new video camera (a Sony HD A1U) & it arrived this week. I had already been struggling with the decision due to the cost of the equipment, but I am so excited & now more settled. I opened the package & thought, "Oh know, what do I do now?" 

Well, in case you are wondering, I have so many ideas about how to use it. And, I know for sure that it is going to make a difference for this blog as well. Let me share a few ideas:
  • First, I am going to be able to use it for my consulting work & to help teach my book...you can check out a preview at http://aremarkablepractice.blogspot.com (this is a test blog site for some of our consulting projects). 
  • Also, The Visible Group (www.thevisiblegroup.net) is going to be able to now do video promotions & professional commercials for our clients & friends. I can already see this making a difference in the way our church does announcements. This is great.
  • Third, I am going to be able to film some on-location teachings when I take my next trip to Israel & the Middle East. Our next trip is supposed to include the Exodus route as well as the background to Jesus' world. Praise God!
  • Last & what I am most excited about is that I am going to use it for this blog to help equip people to do the work of the ministry. One idea I have is that we can post video interviews of some of our favorite pastors & teachers sharing insights into disciplines & values such as scripture study, sermon/lesson prep., worship, marriage, parenting, community, etc. I am so stoked about this I can barely keep myself from calling all the people I want to interview. Who knows, I may already have you in mind. 
So...if you have some ideas about how to use this for God's glory, please let me know. Or, if you have some subjects that you would like further insight into, feel free to post a comment or send me an email.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Ben! Can't wait to see all that God has in store for you with this investment. It's exciting for me to see God so actively using you and your many talents for his glory. Thanks for the great example. Hope you and the fam. have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations bro on the purchase! It's a worthy investment, especially since you have clear vision, purpose and plans already "put to paper". I am really looking forward to seeing the great fruit from your efforts!

    ReplyDelete