Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Tongue: Put it to Good Use!

"With it we bless our Lord & Father, & with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth both blessing & cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way." James 2:9

For years I have been drawn to Moses' blessing to Aaron & His sons, Numbers 6:23-26:
"The Lord bless you , & keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
& be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
& give you peace."

As of late, I have been increasingly drawn to Scripture memory. I thought it would be good to offer a few additional blessings found in the NT. Ideally, we could hide these in our hearts & speak them inwardly in prayer & audibly in public over our brothers & sisters in Christ.

Acts 20:32
"And now I commend you to God & to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up & to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified."

Romans 15:13
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy & peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 

2 Corinthians 13:14
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, & the love of God, & the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all." 

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself & God our Father, who has loved us & given us eternal comfort & good hope by grace, comfort & strengthen your hearts in every good work & word." 

I don't know about you but far too often I use my words to glorify myself rather than build others up in the faith. Pray that my heart be changed & my words redirected. I'll pray for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment