Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Don't Lie to Me" A Song Inspired by Psalm 32

In October of 2006, I wrote a song for a friend. It communicates the power & stronghold that secrecy & hidden things can have in your life. It was birthed out of some painful conversations I have had with some very close friends who were not willing to submit their lives over to God & turn from some sins that were going to have life-long drastic consequences.

Don't Lie to Me: Psalm 32

If you love me then tell me the truth about God,
that He is my Refuge & He sings songs of deliverance, righteousness, His lovingkindness
has burned away the terror that haunts on this dreadful day.

My body's wasting away with things that I keep to myself
His hand is heavy upon me
my life is drained away, as heat of the summer's day
& I can't remember, for guilt stole my memory.

If you love me then tell me the truth about God...

So go ahead & say it; speak the truth in love.
His life in me is what I need.
Blessed is he whose sin is no more 
& in whose spirit there is no deceit.

If you love me then tell me the truth about God...

So don't lie to me to make me feel better 'bout myself,
I said I need your attention, some truthful intervention
I've been needing you to care for me, won't you hold my hands high
Be real with me, for the life of me,
'cause I can't pretend anymore...
No, I won't pretend anymore. 

If you love me then tell me the truth about God!

(copyright 2006, Ben Finch)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, thanks. I really needed to hear this today. God ordained this moment for you to write this and for me to read this. He is great! I am desperate for his mercy.

    ReplyDelete