Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Gift

This morning as I walked to my office after having parked down the street, I was a little overcome & under my breath, I prayed, "God, please encourage my family; we are so tired & emotional. We need You." I am sure much of this is caused by our lack of rest, my choosing to work on my day off, & the added work of having church at a different location (breaking down sound equip, setting it up, breaking it down again, & setting it up again). Plus, Brennan (9 months old today) woke up every two hours last night--how dare he! His first two teeth are breaking through his gums & it is causing him to be irritated & lose sleep. Hence, we lose sleep as well. But, it is good! I am so thankful I have this opportunity & one day I will surely miss this. 

So...walking to work today, after having prayed, I realized that God has encouraged my family. Last Thursday, Joy & I found out that she is already 10.5 weeks pregnant. Wow! We are going to have another Finchlet. I sent a text message to many of my friends, it was simply, "3 + 1 = 4." I thought it would be a fun riddle & believe me, we got some funny responses. By the way, that makes us the 3rd family in our men's group that is expecting--one of the wives said that her husband is being expelled from the group...we could practically start a small city between us all. 

Although still tired, I realize that when you need encouraged, sometimes it is just a matter of perspective. We have the gift of a new child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment