Wednesday, February 11, 2009

{P&B} Marriage is much more than a Wedding

I have two friends who are getting married: Peter & Bethany. I am privileged to know them because Bethany is the daughter of Mike & Kay Simmons, who happen to be some of my favorite people. Mike & Kay hired me as the photographer for P&B's wedding, which includes engagement, bridal, & wedding pics. I was privileged to spend the day with them on Saturday for their engagement sessions. As we sat at lunch, I prayed for them, asking God that He would put Himself on display through their marriage. That the world would see a picture of sacrificial & covenant love through their marriage. And, as I said to them, I will say to you: "Weddings are beautiful, but what I really look forward to is how God works in their marriage." So many of us give an extraordinary amount of time & energy towards planning a wedding ceremony with giving little thought to the act of marriage. Marriage is much more than a wedding. 

As P&B's wedding announcement quotes:
"Jesus died for sinners. He forged a covenant in the white-hot heat of his suffering in our place. He made an imperfect bride his own with the price of his blood & covered her with the garments of his own righteousness. He said, "I am with you... to the end of the age... I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Matt 28:20; Heb. 13:5). Marriage is meant by God to put that gospel reality on display in the world." - John Piper

That is why Peter & Bethany are getting married. 




I thought I would share two of my favorite pics from the day. If you would like to see the rest, you can visit: www.benfinchphotography.com. Congratulations P&B!

No comments:

Post a Comment