Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A page is turned.

As many of you know, I resigned from my position at Clearwater BC on Sunday, February 22. After much prayer & guidance through God's word, Joy & I sensed God's leadership in a new direction. I affirmed to the Clearwater family that God has used our time in ministry at CBC to help refine our gifts, stretch us in our walk with God, & spur others on in godliness. 

We do not know for certain what is next. This is the first time we have made this decision without choosing to take another position in ministry elsewhere. I firmly believe God has led us to this decision & we trust that His purpose is good. So... please pray for us as we are likely to get plugged into a church outside of our community in the interim. 

Btw: I may have unintentionally led people to misunderstand what I meant when I said on Sunday that we are open to God's leadership anywhere--even if it means Europe, the Middle East, or Athens. I do not mean that we are in route to any of those places, but we are willing to go if we sense that we are called to such a place. 

4 comments:

  1. Ben, as sad as it is to see you leave, it's so exciting to see God at work! It has been such a blessing and a privilege to worship with you the past couple of years. And not only that but also hearing your challenging sermons, and just watching the life you live as an example to follow. You have been such a great model for me in my early time in ministry. Thanks so much for the encouragement you gave me during my time of transition over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nathan! Your words are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, i love you and your family. I am, and have always been, excited to see how God is/has worked in you. I know that the peace, joy, and Freedom that comes out of obedience is on you and Joy now, and that you guys and your children will bless the nations because of living an obedient life that points to His Glory. I am always here for you man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you Ben.

    More 'professional' Christians need to step back from church government and just live with their neighbors and experience the secular marketplace. Christ was embedded with the dirt of society.

    ReplyDelete