Wednesday, August 5, 2009

David Prince Quote

I am sitting here in the office listening to a sermon by David Prince; I am struck by the profundity of the message. I am listening to, "David & Goliath: We Never Knew You." The guys in small group pointed me toward him this morning as we were in weekly "sharpening" session.

What is so striking to me is the broad application the message caries. It exposes our Biblical hermeneutical errors as we approach the text. I listened to the following statement several times so that I could journal it, I was compelled to share it:

"You do realize that you can come to the Bible & just keep saying things that are true & lead someone to Hell. You do realize that don't you! Let's say someone says: 'don't commit adultery... God doesn't want you to commit adultery... it's bad. Don't steal... God doesn't want you to steal... it's bad. Give, give alot, it's good.' And we could go on & on & on. And by the way everything I said is true but everything I said was meant by God to be understood in the context of Jesus & His gospel. And if it's all you say as if Jesus & the gospel doesn't exist, it's damning... it's going to lead you in the opposite direction of where it is supposed to lead you... only when I understand how this story testifies about Jesus... only when I understand that can I make the application to my own life."

via Justin Taylor: Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment