Friday, November 7, 2008

Logos Bible Software: If you love the Bible, if you have a Mac!

Let's just say that it is an exciting day for me or really for anyone who loves the Bible & has a Mac. One of the only downsides I have experienced in the last 5-6 years using the Mac was not having the Logos Bible Software that was native to Mac users. Lets just say that there were times where I almost bought an inexpensive PC strictly to use for this program. This is no longer a problem. 

By no means do I want to sound like a salesman; I just know that this is going to make a big difference in the way I approach biblical study. If you have a desire for some of the most reputable & robust Bible software available at your fingertips & you have never heard of Logos Bible Software, you should check it out at www.macbiblesoftware.com or www.logos.com. 

When I was in seminary, I used to envy the guys who had this program because it put so many resources immediately into their arsenal. I was hauling around 80 lbs. of books in my backpack & they had it all on their computer. I'm not bitter! (or am I?).

There are 5 different versions ranging from $194.96-$1034.96 (retail). Most students will not need anything over the Scholar's Library unless you are really into Ancient texts beyond Greek, Hebrew, & Aramaic as well as ancient texts in translation such as Philo & Josephus. But, who am I to judge? If you are really eager to read the Codex Sinaiticus for yourself, I wish you God-speed. 

If you are wondering, I am going to purchase the Scholar's Library ($472.46); this should suffice for my needs. As funds arise, I will consider adding on other libraries & downloads. Plus, I am going to recommend this to all of my friends in ministry & laymen who have a hunger to see God's word enriched. And to those who are still in seminary, be sure to take advantage of your special savings as a student. From what I remember, the savings are quite substantial.

Be sure to check it out when you have a minute. Stay hungry, stay foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment