Monday, November 24, 2008

A Student of Your Spouse

Pastor Mark Driscoll recently challenged me in his self-proclaimed "most practical sermon he has ever preached." It really began me thinking about how much time I spend in pursuit of various studies & how little time I spend studying my wife (her likes/dislikes, dreams, passions, pleasures, schedule, etc.). As you well know, these types of things often change over time. So...I took a break from work the other day & shot her an email including some questions. I want to always stay up to date with her interests & also what God has been teaching her. I want to be her #1 student. These are some of the questions I asked:
  • What have been some of your favorite date memories? Where? What? Why?
  • If you could vacation anywhere this next year, where would you want to go? When?
  • Are there people you would like to go visit or spend time with for a few days?
  • How often a month do you need a day to just go shopping/eat out/etc. where I can either keep the kid(s) or get childcare?
  • If you could plan 2-3 days to be with some girls & go on a trip, who would they be? Where to go? When?
  • If you were to designate a place in our home that would be our "connection" place (a place to sit together, read, pray, talk, no TV, no internet, etc.), where would it be? What would you want it to look like?
  • If you could change one thing about our home to make it feel more like a place of rest/Sabbath for you, what would it be?
Still studying!

1 comment:

  1. this was undoubtedly the most presious act of love i have recieved in a LONG time! very thoughtful and priceless..Father God, thank you for my husband!!

    ReplyDelete